The clients are looking for a mid-level communications officer (6 yrs experience) who can primarily handle the tactical communications needs of the office (e.g. newsletters, workforce engagement announcements, speaker notes for Exec leaders, etc.) as well as provide a little of the strategic side too (e.g. outreach strategies, how to communicate the launch of something new, etc.). This position is split 50-50 between two strategic offices
At Office A, this person would be more tactical and work with/support our senior comms officer (who just went out on temporary medical leave).
At Office B, this person would be more strategic and work with/support our junior comms officer (who is not in place yet, but should be starting soon).
Provide organizational and mass communication consulting to organizational leaders, members, and stakeholders. Assist with developing briefings, creating talking points and key messages, and writing articles or newsletters. Perform baseline assessments, design a communications approach, and develop products and vehicles. Implement a communication plan. Evaluate plans and make recommendations, as needed.
• 4+ years of experience with supporting the intelligence community (IC)
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work with senior government officials under tight deadlines
• Ability to gather information and synthesize it into presentable deliverables for the client
• Ability to plan, develop, coordinate, and facilitate workforce engagement events, including all hands, ceremonies, and brown bags, as needed
• TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
• BA or BS degree
• Experience in the strategic communications field, including change management, content development, Web strategy, and implementation planning
• Experience with writing and editing material in a journalistic style for publication on the Web and workforce messages and newsletters
• Experience with Joomla! or similar Web content management system
• Experience with social media marketing
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
• MA or MS degree in International Affairs, Communications, Information Sciences, or Marketing